Vacation and Seasonal Homeowners INSURANCE 

The Western, NY region offers many areas perfect for families to take a long weekends, holidays or vacations. Wether you own a Summer cottage in the Chautauqua Institution or a slope side ski chalet at Holimont, we have the right insurance policy for all your needs. Each home is unique and our dedicated agents at the Weed Ross Agency can evaluate your situation and help develop an optimized plan. Contact us today for a thorough review of your current insurance and to receive competitive quotes. 


Rental Property Insurance

Lake Chautauqua and Ellicottville are popular tourist destinations, drawing in thousands of visitors each year. Renting out your property can be a terrific source of income while you are not personally enjoying your time there. Renting out your property poses unique challenges, however, as you cannot always control the damages that may occur. When renting your home to guests, we suggest a tenant-occupied dwelling insurance policy, which provides coverage for damages including fire, storms, burglary and vandalism—but it does not cover damages to tenants’ personal property.

Another consideration when renting out your home is whether or not your property is furnished. With long-term tenants in a furnished property, we recommend that you require them to carry additional renters insurance, which we can happily provide. Personal property protection is also a good idea to cover your belongings.


Cost Factors

Vacation and second home insurance policies can be more costly than traditional home insurance policies. Factors that come into play when determining premium levels include how often the property is occupied, where it is located and any liabilities involved in renting out the home. With lake front properties, flooding is a concern as well. With an extensive network and a deep understanding of the area, we can provide excellent coverage for these risks at competitive rates.


Request a Second Home Insurance Quote Today

If you are looking to insure a vacation or second home, your insurance needs are unique. Weed Ross Agency can help